Thursday, October 2, 2008

Life is rough for a baby...




This picture was taken on Tuesday but I think this is how he felt all day today. I'm convinced he's teething and he was just not in a good place at all. He didn't nap well and just wasn't able to deal with that. We did have a pretty busy day, and he managed as best he could, but it wasn't my favorite day ever.

The other day I went in to get him up for his nap and he had pulled up to his knees in his crib. I was excited, but not worried. Well, today I went in and he had pulled up to standing! I think he freaked himself out because he was crying quite loudly. I don't think he could figure out how to get down. He also pulled up to his knees on the couch today a few times and twice fell over. Once to the side and once straight back. Not good for the bad day. But he rallied and kept on going!


I put him in his swing today to see if he would fall asleep for a few minutes. He didn't, but he was calm and happy, so I went in my room to get ready to go out and run some errands. This is what I came back to (yes, he was buckled in, but only on one side).
Guess we won't be using the swing anymore.

I took him to a pumpkin patch today, which was nothing like what I'm used to, but it was still fun. Having grown up in the Pumpkin Capital of the World (Morton, IL) I'm used to pumpkin patches being huge fields where you can take hay rides and actually pull the pumpkins out of the ground, not a bunch of pumpkins stacked on pallets in the side yard of a church. Oh well, it was the thought that counts, right? I also got a library card today...woo hoo!
So here are some pictures of him pulling up by the side door and couch and at the pumpkin patch. Enjoy!




No comments: