Thursday, December 18, 2008

Our Christmas Traditions

Being the sap that I am, I enjoy a good tradition, custom, repetitive action, whatever you want to call it. Now that I have a child, I'm excited to start some new traditions with him.

The first "tradition" is that each year I will ask Quinn to decide what his current favorite toy is and then we will go to the store together and purchase it and then donate it. I want him to understand that there are kids his age in our area who won't get much, if anything, for Christmas. This year I picked out and bought the toy and we gave it to a toy drive for kids who have been removed from their homes in the Hillsborough County area but have not yet been placed in foster care. I made sure to take a picture of Quinn with the toy, so he can look back on this tradition each year.

Another "tradition" I think will be to go to Christmas Lane every year. It is a local home that sets up huge Christmas displays every year. We went last night and while Quinn didn't get the full enjoyment, he did like looking at the lights and the train. I definitely think he will like it more in the coming years. Here are some pictures from our visit last night.


1 comment:

Beth Finch said...

We love going to Christmas Lane too! It certainly is a tradition we've enjoyed. I think I have almost the exact same picture of Peyton looking through that telescope with Chris!