Wednesday, October 28, 2009

My Disney Weekend

Here is a blog post about me! My life can't be all Quinn, right?

So Saturday was my friend Joy's birthday and she wanted to go to Disney, since she got in for free on her birthday. I wanted to go since I live Disney and since she is moving to Cambodia next year, I figured I'd better hang out with her while I can. Ross and I had been planning on getting Season Passes, so this was the best time to do so. After some finagling, Joy and the other 2 girls that came with got free Park Hopper passes and we decided to go to all 4 parks. It was a slow start, but once we got going, there was no stopping us. We started at Animal Kingdom, which I love and Joy had never been to before. We hit the highlights, the safari, Expedition Everest, and the Dinosaur ride. Our friend Elisa joined us at Animal Kingdom, and then we were off to Hollywood Studios. We rode Rockin' Roller Coaster and had lunch. Then our little group split up for a while and Joy, Elisa, and I stood in along line for the Toy Story Mania ride...so much fun!


Joy with Mr. Potato Head, right before he dropped his ear on the floor.


Me having way too much fun in line!


Joy and Elisa and the earless Mr. Potato Head.

After Hollywood Studios we headed to my favorite park, Epcot.


We got on Test Track and Soarin' (front row of course) and enjoyed some of the yummy foods that Food and Wine has to offer. Since we waited in line at Soarin', we were not able to do anything else at Epcot, so we were off to the Magic Kingdom. We got there during the first evening parade, so we went to find some dinner and I was introduced to the magic of the corndog nuggets at Casey's on Main St. So good!

We watched the fireworks, went on the Haunted Mansion, Philharmagic, and Pirates of the Caribbean. Then we took a crazy scary bus ride back to our car, and found some wonderful souvenirs in the parking lot.

Ok, not really, but that would be fun!

The next day I was back at Epcot for a full day at the Food and Wine Festival. Elisa and her husband Kevin met us and we spent the day eating, drinking and having fun. And I got to go on Soarin' again (in the front row!). It was a great weekend, that left me tired, but with a lot of great memories.

No comments: