Wednesday, November 16, 2011

3 More Books

At the beginning of the year I was doing pretty good with book reviews, and I've kind of let that slack lately...like everything else. So I thought I'd write up three quick ones, for all of those that I'm sure are incredibly interested.






I read Outlander in a kind of trade with my friend Kate. I would read Outlander if she would read the first Harry Potter. While I did end up liking Outlander, she definitely got the better end of that deal. Outlander is a historical fiction book set in Scotland at various times in the past. I don't want to give too much away, but there's some crazy time travelin' and even crazier relationship building. While the crux of the story was good, there was a whole lot of exposition that was a bit unnecessary, if you ask me. Wordy is a good word for it. But overall, I liked it enough to possibly read the next book in the series at some point in the future.


This is a book I probably should have read a while ago, but just haven't. It is a classic, and rightfully so, although I don't really see the suspense part of it. There was some, but not enough for me to label this a Romantic Suspense book, as it states on the cover seen above. I did like the whole unnamed narrator thing, I named her Daphne in my head. Again, another book I liked enough, but maybe not as much as a lot of people.




I read this because I've read all the others. It was easily the worst book of the series, but I knew what I was in for. I like the series, so I liked this. And it didn't take me long to read it, so bonus.

No comments: