Friday, March 6, 2009

Quinn wears pink!

I spend some time on the message boards on The Nest Baby (ok, the name is actually now thebump.com, but I think that name is so dumb). It is a website for Moms (and some dads) with info on everything from conception to toddler temper tantrums and beyond. There are many different message boards pertaining to certain topics. Most people stick to 1-2 different boards that they frequent.


Recently, a story circulated to pretty much the entire website that originated on a board I, for obvious reason, do not go on, the Multiples board. A woman named Brook had had identical twin daughters in August, named Sydney and Carynne. In January they were diagnosed with Werdnig-Hoffman disease, also known as Spinal Muscular Atrophy Type 1. While there is a lot that goes into it, from what I understand, the muscles aren't strong enough to support the rest of the body. There are many problems that stem from this, the biggest being the difficulty/inability to breathe and keep the heart beating. Prognosis is rarely good.


Sadly, both Sydney and Carynne passed away in February, within days of each other. As a mother, I cannot even begin to fathom the heartbreak Brook is going through, nor would I ever want to. I wouldn't wish that on anybody. I don't know Brook, but she is in my prayers often. Today on The Nest it was asked that all the other babies wear pink in honor of Sydney and Carynne. So, here is Quinn, in the most pink he owns!

No comments: