Friday, October 8, 2010

Back on the Blog train

Hopefully that is. A few days after we got our computer back it crapped out again. Computers make our lives easier in so many ways, and crappier in a lot of ways too. So now I'm working on making sure it is working right, getting pictures uploaded, etc. Not too much has been going on, this week anyway, which is kind of nice. The next few weeks should be pretty busy, and while I'm looking forward to it all, it has been nice to just hang out.
Its finally fall in Florida, or at least as fall as Florida gets. Growing up in Illinois, fall was colorful and cool and fun. And from birth to age 9 it meant pumpkins. During that time of my life, I lived in Morton, IL, home of the Libby's pumpkin canning plant (home of many exciting elementary field trips). There is a big pumpkin festival every year and there is so much pumpkin yumminess, its hard to stop yourself. Pie, cookies, ice cream, chili, ahhhh, I wish I could go! I still have a love of most things pumpkin, and that of course extends to the scrumptious Pumpkin Spice Latte at Starbucks. This year I've been trying to consume fewer of them, due to their probable high calorie count, but it was nice and cool this morning, so after I dropped Quinn off I went to Starbucks and sat outside with a lovely latte and read Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (for probably the 5th time). It was divine.

1 comment:

Mikayla Painter said...

Hi Im a new follower :-) Love your blog, that pumpkin festival sounds so cute! Oh and I heard the pumpkin spice lattes are zero calories this fall ;-)