Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Quinn Update and Possible Changes

Things around here are humming along. My car is finally running (!!!) so that means we have freedom!! It is so nice to be able to come and go and not have to move Quinn's seat around. And my car is running nicely now.


Today was our neighbor Tom's birthday. He is a wonderful man who is always so friendly and just adores Quinn. And at 92 years old he still does yard work, maintains his home, and is just lovely. I decided I wanted to do something for his birthday, so I baked some cookies and had Quinn make him a card. It was really cute. Tom really appreciated it and we had a great time visiting. He has some great stories and has a really sharp memory. He showed me a project he's working on, detailing the appliances his family used in the 1920's and 1930's. Really cool stuff. I do feel very blessed to have him as a neighbor, especially since Quinn likes him so much. Whenever we walk by his house, Quinn asks, "Where Tom?" They have a great friendship!


Quinn has become quite the comedian lately. He has started saying several "adult" phrases that just crack us up. For example, we'll ask him a question and he'll grab his chin and say "Let's see" in a very contemplative manner. He also tells me to "follow" him all the time and it is just so cute. He is also exerting what I guess is his independence lately, which has unfortunately resulted in what you might call negative behavior. At least he's still cute, right?
And the true uniform of a Cardinals fan always includes purple beads and your mom's heels, on the wrong feet of course. At one point in time I had started another blog, mainly focusing on my entertainment leanings. I haven't updated it since January, but I am still interested in writing in that vein. I'm thinking of bringing it over here. I would talk about my other interests, movies, TV, books, makeup, and anything else. I mean, I am more than just a mom, right? It might not happen right away, but be looking for some changes in the near future.




No comments: