Sunday, August 8, 2010

Wizarding World of Harry Potter

Last Friday I had the opportunity to go the Islands of Adventure with the group my friend Joy works with. Even though it was excrutiatingly hot and annoyingly crowded, the reduced ticket price was a definite draw. And the biggest draw of all was of course, The Wizarding World of Harry Potter. If you know me, you know Harry is a very important name to me, for 2 reasons. 1 - Harry Connick, Jr., and 2 - Harry Potter. I've been reading Harry Potter since early 2000, right after Goblet of Fire came out. At one time I was one to scoff at HP as kids books and blow them off. Until I read them. They are fabulous books, if you haven't read them, go out now and start. Anyway, so when I heard Wizarding World of HP was opening, I was very excited. I didn't know when I would be able to go, since we have Disney passes and don't want to spend the money. So when this opportunity came along, I jumped on it.

And I was not disappointed. They did an amazing job with it. The attention to detail is phenomenal. It really is the little things that make the big difference. The ride in the Hogwarts castle, Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey, is, in my opinion, the best ride ever. It is just amazing. Really no words can describe it. If you get the chance to go, do it!! Here are some pictures to whet your whistle.


The entrance to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter

Me and the Weasley's Ford Anglia

Hogwarts Castle looming in the distance....isn't it beautiful?


The roof area of the Owlery, they even have fake poop!

Cheers to Butterbeer!


Looking up into Hogwarts Castle


The crystal House Cup monitor thingy




The griffin leading to Dumbledore's office




The wall of portraits




The Sorting Hat



The wall in Ollivander's Wand Shop








No comments: