Thursday, February 3, 2011

The Week in Quinn

Now that Quinn is "almost 3" and his birthday is "coming up" (can you tell he likes to remind us?), he is busier and more fun (and sometimes more trouble) than ever. It is just amazing to see how much he has changed in the past year, heck, even in the past month. His verbal skills have really grown, and now if we can conquer that monster called potty training, we'll be set!

On the potty training front, he's pooped 3 times in the potty since yesterday!! This is a miracle, as he had only pooped once before and refused to even consider it since. I've been letting him wear big boy underwear on non-school days, and it has gone mostly well...until today. We went to storytime and the mall and before we left I stopped at the bathroom. I went and he said he had to, but then when it was his turn, he declined. Now I realize I should have pushed the issue a little, but I didn't. And on the way home I told him he had to go to the potty right when we got home. What did he then say? "I peed in my underwear." And by golly, he was right. While I was somewhat upset, I really do think it was partly my fault. I learned my lesson.

Quinn is still loving school. He like to yell "School, my favorite!" when we pull in. I truly feel blessed that he is doing so well and enjoys his teachers, his classmates, pretty much everything.

Sunday we drove to Sarasota to attend the birthday party of one of Quinn's best friends, Beckett. We all had a great time. Another thing I feel blessed about...Quinn already has great friends with great parents! Below are some pictures from the party.




Nothing more exciting than a fire truck at a 3 year old's birthday party! Quinn was very excited to see the fire truck pull in. He even got to help spray some water.

Here is a great picture of Quinn and Beckett. I swear Quinn was having a good time.

The birthday boy blowing out his candles. He is too cute.

Almost better than a fire truck...cake!!

Who knew toddler sack races could be so fun...and miraculously injury free?

Quinn wanted to race again, but all his competitors had found other interests. So Beckett's dad, Sage, very nicely hopped in a sack (that does sound a little odd) and "raced" Quinn. Being that Sage is well over 6' tall, I'm sure it was not the easiest, but I know Quinn appreciated it.

So that is some of our activities of the past week. Oh, the other night he asked me to "double" his water. Where did he learn that from?

1 comment:

Tasha said...

I was completely unaware that Sage participated in a sack race just for Quinn! I'm so glad you got a picture of it!