Sunday, January 1, 2012

Hello 2012

A new year is upon us once again. It just keeps coming faster and faster. As I've been thinking about the year ahead, I've decided to make a "Good Idea" list. Not really resolutions, just, you know, good ideas. That way, if they don't get achieved, they were just good ideas, not anything set in stone. So here's my list....but first, the first picture of Quinn in 2012. Not the best, but still cute (which, ironically, is similar to what he said when I put these new pj's on him..."I'm cute now!" Modest, huh?)

Good Ideas
1. Strive everyday to find God's peace and joy in the world that really are there.
2. Find my passion. This may sound weird to some, but if you know someone who has a passion, well, you definitely know it.
3. Lose 5 lbs (ok, really 10-15 might be better ideas).
4. Get better with my camera.
5. Organize something, anything.
6. Read at least 15 books (I have a super secret goal of 20, but I'm sticking with 15 as my public goal).
7. Be more active in my community.
8. Be the best wife, mom, friend, daughter, sister, etc I can be. And that does include blogger.

A lot of these are just generalities, but you know, things to focus on. I have some other private things too, so it comes out to quite a bit. But what would life be if not for the challenges.

PS - Oh, and I did reach my goal for last year, which was read 15 books. Completed 12/30/11. Woo-Hoo.

1 comment:

Lauren said...

I'm impressed 15 books in a year is pretty good. I could probably only do it if they were easy reads like the Janet Evanovich Plum series.