Monday, March 1, 2010

Book #2: The Time Traveler's Wife

At the beginning of the year I made a "resolution" to read 12 new books this year. As someone who used to read a lot, it pains me not to be able to do so. So I'm making the time. The first book I read this year was Superfreakonomics, which was not as good as Freakonomics, but still good and definitely interesting. I love the intersection of sociology and economics and general public interest, and both those books address those issues.

The 2nd book I finished was The Time Traveler's Wife. I did like it, but it does take some getting used to. The jumps in time can be confusing, but once you get past that, it is a good read. It is an easy read and a different kind of story. Not your typical romance or drama. There is a lot of romance and drama involved, the the way the story is woven puts a different perspective on romance and drama. I wasn't completely impressed with the author's writing style, she seemed to be trying to impress readers with her prose at times. Overall I give it a solid B.

No comments: