Friday, March 5, 2010

My "typical" day

I've been reading Kelly's blog for some time now and am really enjoying it. She is quite funny and her daughter, Harper, is adorable. She is a strong Christian, so its nice to see her put her faith in action.

Every Friday she does a Show Us Your Life post, and I thought I would finally participate for once. Today the post was about your typical day (although with a 2 year old is anything typical?)...so here's mine.

Quinn is usually my alarm clock, unless we have to go somewhere early. He will sleep until about 8:30 give or take a 1/2 hour. I know, I'm blessed. We get up and change diaper (his, not mine) and then go downstairs and eat breakfast. This can take some time, as Q is a bit of a pokey eater. Anyway, after breakfast we go back upstairs and either get ready to go out if that's what we're doing, or play in Q's room. This involved Q running back and forth between his toys and me reading him books in his chair. I'm so glad he loves books!

10:00 means one thing in our house...Elmo! I turn on Sesame Street for him, and while he watches I either read, get ready, or do stuff on the computer. I do try and interact with him somewhat during his show, so its not just him plopped in front of the TV.

After SS we'll either go outside, play more inside, ,go to the gym, or if its Thursday, go to storytime at the local library. We eat lunch between 12 and 12:30, then we come back upstairs and play on "Momma nigh-nigh". That means we sit on my bed and play with his cars or just hang out. I often turn on an episode of Ellen, who Q loves! He can identify her now and always says "Ellen - dance!" Quinn loves to dance, so Ellen is right up his alley.

At 1:30 Q goes down for his nap, and I either shower, do work for Ross, watch TV, read, or clean. Usually its a mix of all of that. When Q wakes up anywhere from 4-5:30 (again, blessed) I get him up and we'll play or go outside. When I know when Ross will be home, I start dinner, depending on what we're doing. After dinner, we come back upstairs and hang out together. We aim for Q to be in bed by 8:30, which doesn't always happen. Once he's in bed, we just hang out together.

So that's it, not counting Sundays or days with special events. Not the most exciting, but hey, that's my life. And Q usually knows how to make it a little more interesting!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.