Thursday, July 22, 2010

Quinn the Artiste

In my desire to keep Quinn occupied (and especially since my car is still dead), we have ventured into the art world. I purchased fingerpaints a while ago, and for some reason had never used them. So one day last week we broke them out. Quinn was a little unsure at first, but after a few minutes, he was an old pro. I dressed him in his swim clothes for safety, if you want to call it that.

He was a little unsure at first. He very gingerly touched the paint.

Then he gingerly touched the paper.

It didn't take long for him to realize how fun it was and then quickly became the 2 year old boy that he truly is. It became a blobby brownish mess, but hey, its his artistic expression.

So, a few days later we decide to paint again, this time using some Hotwheels trucks as a painting tool. I had seen someone on a blog do that once and her son loved it. Quinn definitely liked it, but I think he likes using his fingers/hands better!



You'll notice I didn't dress him in swim clothes the 2nd time. And of course the 1st time he kept himself completely clean. And of course the 2nd time he squished on of the paint covered trucks up against his yellow shirt. Nice job Mom. At least I bought washable paint!

No comments: