Friday, May 27, 2011

Caramel Brownies

Today over at Kelly's Korner, her Show Us Your Life Topic is favorite desserts. I have loved to bake for a long time, probably since my parents told me I made the best brownies ever (they were being nice, it was just a box mix, but I appreciated it!). I have made many desserts I really like, but this one sticks out as something slightly different, and something I have had many other people make. It takes a little bit of work, but they are so worth it!
(I found this recipe on www.allrecipes.com)

Ingredients
1 18.25 ounce German Chocolate Cake Mix w/ pudding
3/4 cup melted butter
1/3 cup evaporated milk
1 cup chopped pecans (I do not use these)
13 ounces individually wrapped caramels, unwrapped
1/3 cup evaporated milk
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

1. Preheat oven to 350. Spray one 13x9 pan with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Combine the cake mix, butter, and 1/3 cup evaporated milk. Mix well and pour 2/3 batter into pan.
3. Press pecans into batter and bake for 8-10 minutes.
4. In a saucepan over medium heat, combine the caramels and 1/3 cup evaporated milk. Stir until melted and smooth, pour over cooled cake mix.
5. Sprinkle chocolate chips on top of caramel and top with spoonfuls of remaining mix. Bake for 15 to 18 minutes, cool and cut.

These definitely take some tweaking to make them your own. Have fun and enjoy!!

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Kim, add in marshmallows to your toppings. That's the way we make these - and they are to DIE FOR. Mmmmm.