Thursday, June 16, 2011

10 Years


Today marks 10 years of living in Florida. That seems totally ridiculous, both as far too long and far too short. I think back to where I was 10 years ago...22, just graduated from Illinois Wesleyan University , with a brand new job, in a brand new state, having never lived anywhere but Illinois. I was scared, excited, nervous, pretty much every emotion you can imagine. Now I think of where my life is now...32, wife, mom, working in a new job, and living a completely different life than I was 10 years ago. To be honest, I didn't really think I'd stay in FL all that long. At the time it was a job and that's what I needed. But I know now God led me here for a very specific reason and I'm happy to be living within that reason. My life may not be what I imagined, but things rarely are, and I'm okay with that.

I have no idea what the next 10 years will hold, but I'm excited to see. If its anything like these last 10 years, it will definitely be surprising, tough, and wonderful all at once.

No comments: