Monday, June 27, 2011

Quinn's First Movie

Those who know me well know I love movies. I love watching them, going to them, reading about them, pretty much any aspect you can think of. So you bet I was very excited to take Quinn to his first movie at the theater. I've actually been planning it since last summer, when I first heard the release date for Cars 2. I'm not a fan of parents taking their kids to movies before they are ready, and I figured by almost 3.5, Quinn should be pretty ok. Plus its a kids movie, so the little kid idiosyncrasies would hopefully be forgiven.

We decided to go Sunday, which was Ross' birthday. We wanted to go when it would hopefully be less croweded (and cheaper). Quinn was very excited about it and told many people about going to the "movie grater". We got there, got our seats, I took him to the potty, and then Ross decided to take him to the snack bar for some popcorn and Icees. I waited at the seats when a woman sitting in our row came up to me and said "Your son threw up in the lobby. Your husband said they'll be back in soon." Uh...what? He puked? Awesome. Part of me was really not surprised, he has to take after me somehow and I guess puking in public places is part of that.

A few minutes later Ross and Quinn came back in. Quinn was visibly upset, but said he wanted to stay, so we did. He didn't eat or drink, but he sat for the movie and even got excited at a few parts, though fewer then I think he would of had he been feeling 100%. He did mention a few times that he was "done" and Ross took him for a short walk at one point, but overall he did great and I think he'll enjoy going to the "movie grater" again someday!

Oh, and I really think he just ate his breakfast too fast or something. After a short nap at home, he was fine and raring to go at Ross' birthday dinner! Please excuse the horrible picture of Quinn below, he wasn't in much of a mood to have his picture taken.

1 comment:

Steph said...

Poor guy! How did you like the movie?