Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas Eve (plus one more)

Christmas Eve is here already, I can hardly believe it. Why do all these days come up so quickly? Here are some pictures from the last few days in our world.

Below is a picture of Quinn opening his presents from Aunt Joy on Saturday. He started off laying on his stomach and when that was not working out for him, he sat up and got to work. He loved both his presents!


We left for Tennessee on Monday night. It is definitely nice to be away for a while. And to have my pick of bathrooms. We haven't done too much until today. Oh, I did take my sister to see The Princess and the Frog, which was a good movie, but the real excitement came about 1/2 way through when the emergency alarm went off and we had to evacuate the theater. We got to stand in front of the theater for about 15 minutes while the fire trucks came and they investigated. I heard a popcorn machine got too hot and set off the heat detector. Once they gave the all clear, we were able to go back in and finish the movie. Good stuff.

Today we had a nice Christmas Eve lunch at Nico's in downtown Chattanooga. Below is a picture of Quinn and Aunt Mere having a lovely time.

Mommy and Quinn had a good time together too!

After that we went into to Chattz, the Chattanooga Coffee Company. Mom and I made some new friends in the guys that work there, they were very chatty indeed.
Later that afternoon we got ready for Christmas Eve service. We got there early and Quinn was having a good time. As soon as the service started, he nicely sat on my lap and then continued to nicely sit on my lap. It continued and I began to worry. Quinn is not a badly behaved child, but he also is not one to just sit still. He was definitely acting a little lethargic, so I felt his head and he was definitely a little warm. We went home, after stopping off for some infant Tylenol, and got Quinn ready for bed. He didn't have a good nap or eat much during the day, so I am attributing it to that. Lets hope it doesn't continue tomorrow. He has too many presents from Nana and Papa to open!
Here is a picture of Quinn sitting with his cookies for Santa. I was glad to get any smile from him, since he had fallen asleep a few minutes earlier.


After Quinn went to bed, I made some cuban bread pizza for everyone, and Dad got to work making his famous hot chocolate. He makes it every Christmas Eve and it is divine. It has ruined all other hot chocolate for me. I'm sitting here sipping it now as I type and It's A Wonderful Life plays on the tv.




This is a great Christmas Eve if I do say so myself!

No comments: