Sunday, June 27, 2010

Haircuts, Tears, and Birthdays for all

We've had quite an action packed weekend. Ok, not really, but hey, it is what it is. Friday I went and hit up the 30% Old Navy sale. Love the sale/gift card combo, makes me very happy.

That afternoon Quinn and I had haircuts scheduled. Quinn had been doing pretty well getting his hair cut. His first few went horribly, but I thought (hoped) he'd outgrown that. Yeah, I was way wrong. He freaked out. I had Chik-fil-A lemonade to distract him, but it did nothing. I felt bad for our hairstylist, Mary, but at least she has a little girl, so she knows how kids can be. His hair isn't quite as short as I wanted, but I had to get him out of that chair. Ross' mom came up to the salon and took him home and I got my hair done. It always makes me feel great to have a fresh do!

WARNING - really bad picture of me follows...just wanted to make sure you were warned, but it shows my new shorter hair.

I had to wake Quinn up from his nap to go get dinner with daddy, since mommy had other plans on Friday night. Well, I guess he was still upset from the haircut and didn't want to get up. So there were a few more tears from that. This is the best picture I could get of him on Friday. Cute, but definitely not his best moment.

Friday night I went to dinner at Moe's and to see Toy Story 3 with Joy. I am a huge Pixar lover, so I was so excited to see it. Quinn is very much into the Toy Story movies these days (especially Buzz, that's a Buzz cup in his hand in the above picture), but I know he is not ready for a movie theater yet. Maybe next year when Cars 2 comes out!

Anyway, Toy Story 3 was amazing. Witty, emotional, hilarious, and smart, a fabulous movie. Pixar hit it out of the ballpark. And yes, I cried, several times actually. But so did a lot of people, so I don't feel too bad. It definitely made me nostalgic for those childhood toys I have discarded. Unfortunately it also made me want to hang on to all of Quinn's toys, so for that I curse it! I guess I need to give it some distance before cleaning out his room.

As I already posted, yesterday was Ross' birthday and we celebrated by making him some breakfast (or lunch really) in bed. Then last night we went to his favorite restaurant, Texas Cattle Company. Nothing better than free steak on your birthday! I also made some pretty great chocolate cupcakes with peanut butter frosting, if I do say so myself. I think he had a pretty good birthday!

Here are a couple of pictures from last night!

Have a great week everyone!

No comments: