Friday, June 18, 2010

Our Engagement Story

Today over at Kelly's Korner its another Show Us Your Life Friday. Today's theme is engagement stories, so I thought I'd write that up...if I can remember that far back. Ok just kidding.

Ross and I started dating in August of 2001 and we knew pretty early on we would get married someday. When was the question. So flash forward to February 2004 and I was kind of wondering when it was coming. But I kind of put it out of mind and went on my merry way (haha, merry, get it).

So one Sunday (February 8 to be exact) we went to church and went out to lunch and kind of got in an argument. It was eventually resolved and later that afternoon we decided to go for a walk. I should have thought that was weird, as it was kind of chilly out and Ross doesn't do chilly. We walked from his parents house to his old elementary school about 1/2 block away. For some reason the gates were open and we were able to walk onto the playground.

Once on that playground, we noticed there was a map on the ground. I love maps, which of course Ross knows. So we went and stood on the map and Ross told me to stand on my favorite state. I stood on Illinois. Ross took off the ring I wore on the middle finger of my left hand and put it on Illinois. Then he told me to stand on my 2nd favorite state and I stood on Florida. Then he said all these nice things that of course I don't remember and he put the ring on my finger. I said yes, then he got on one knee and did it again. It was all very surprising and great and very Ross.

I was more surprised to know he had had the ring since I think September of 2003. He had had the money at that time and so he bought it. I love it because he designed it himself and put a lot of thought and love into it. I still love wearing it.

I had to go do a work thing that night, but got out early and we went to one of cousins houses where a bunch of people were getting together. Everyone was excited and it was just so great to enjoy it with other people. Than we went out to dinner at Steak n Shake. The perfect end to a great day!

No comments: