Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Yay for Quinn!

So this adorable picture you are looking at is from this morning, when Quinn and I celebrated his great success at swim lessons the past 4 weeks with a milk and blueberry muffin treat. Ok, he had milk, I had a grande skinny hazelnut latte with 1 splenda, but whatever. Quinn loved swim lessons and really did a good job. By the end he was swimming by himself with the floatie thing strapped to his back. I'm thinking of signing him up for the next level...we'll see. I'm sure he would love it, as whenever I mentioned swim lessons this past month, he would yell "Fun!" very emphatically.

Here is a picture of Quinn and Ross on Father's Day. I did coordinate them in brown, although Ross' funky green shorts weren't part of the original outfit. We went to Smokey Bones' for dinner with Ross' parents, and had a good time, even if we had to wait forever. Who would have thought a Dad's Eat Free promotion would bring out everyone and well, their fathers?


Let the blackmailing begin!! Quinn decided he wanted to put my shoes on last night, and in really no time flat he was cruising around in them. Those are 4 inch wedges people! I'd say my kid is talented, but I don't know if that's what you call it. I guess he at the very least has good balance.

And for a few more Quinn updates, he currently weighs 28.5 lbs, according to the scale at Publix. That puts him at about the 40th percentile for weight, which is a lot more than I thought it would. He is becoming a bit more, shall we say, independent and mischievous these days. We've had a few dinnertime battles, although tonight seemed to go fairly well. He is definitely his father's son though, as he is easily bribed with the promise of a "treat". I think I should start calling time-outs treats, maybe then it wouldn't be such a issue.

No comments: