Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Reasons I Love my Toddler

Toddlers tend to get a bad rap in our society, and often for very good reasons. I might have to post on that myself in the future. I could list many reasons that happened in the last 4 hours. But in my quest to stay positive, I thought I'd write a post about just a few of the many reasons I love my toddler, all 2 years 3 months 3 weeks of him.


1. He loves music and he loves to dance!
Quinn has loved music since he was a baby, but it has really been coming out lately. He can identify quite a few instruments by sight (piano, guitar, violin, cello, drums) and is able to pick out some instruments in certain songs, usually guitars and drums. Ross and I are very happy about that, since we both grew up playing and enjoying music. I hope this means he has some sort of future in music.

Quinn also likes to move to the music. He has been a dancer since he could stand and he can really get into it. The picture below was taken last week during a trip to Epcot. We were listening to a band playing in the Canada pavilion and Quinn was really boogying down. So much so he got a shout out from the band and had several people take his picture! So maybe he'll be a famous musician/dancer.


2. He knows how to have fun!

Quinn definitely knows how to have a good time. And he is usually pretty good at keeping himself entertained. We have frequented a local establishment called Kidz Club and Quinn has a great time there. He spends the whole time running from toy to toy and structure to structure. He particularly loves the little "roller coaster" they have. He can now do it all himself, so he is good to go, no waiting on momma!

3. He's a great helper!

Lately Quinn has been happy and excited to help me when I ask. He often responds with an emphatic "Yay Mama!" That is so nice to hear, and I'm enjoying it while it lasts, as I doubt it will be for long. Just today he let me put one of the recycling bins in his wagon and he pulled it all the way down our weird, long driveway to where it gets picked up. And then when the recycling had been picked up, we loaded the empty bins into his wagon and he happily pulled them back up to the garage. He had a smile on his face the whole way. I love that kid!

As you can see in the picture below, he loves to pretend to vacuum. Now when I actually start the vacuum cleaner, he is both fascinated and freaked out by it. He runs and hides, but then peeks out at it whenever it gets close.


4. He takes time to stop and smell the "roses".

Having a toddler reminds me to look around and get excited about the little things in life. Or even to just appreciate them. The littlest things give Quinn the biggest thrill, and that in turn gives me a thrill. You would think a school bus was the most awesome thing ever!

The picture below is of Quinn as we were leaving the Brunchery last week. He stops and sniffs those flowers every week, and it reminds me to do the same.




5. He loves adventure!

Not only does Quinn love to have a good time, but he loves to stay energized and he makes everything an adventure. Its so fun to see his little creative mind at work. He often just starts running and will yell out "I run" in an almost Forrest Gump like exclamation, and he is off on another adventure. He keeps himself busy, that's for sure.



6. He's just so stinkin' cute!

What more can I say, its the truth!

1 comment:

Kate said...

Love this post, Kim! The picture of Quinn and the vac is awesome. Oh, where do you go for the gymnastics?