Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Wonderful Makeup

Today is another bit of an "indulge me" post. As stated yesterday, I do love the makeup. Its fun to play with and its a nice part of being a girl. This is just a glossy overview. I have a lot more than this, but these are some highlights.



I probably love eyeshadow more than anything else. I have lots and I love seeing the pretty colors and experimenting with textures, looks, the whole lot. The picture above is the original Urban Decay Naked Palette, which is amazing for everything from neutral to smoky looks. It can be used pretty much daily. They just came out with Naked 2, which I'm hoping to get soon. As far as eyeshadow goes, I've found Urban Decay and MAC to be the best. There are still some brands I do want to try, but these are the 2 favorites right now. Oh, and make sure to get a good primer (Urban Decay Primer Potion is my go to). It makes all the difference.

As far as blush goes, I usually use MAC, but I do love my NARS Orgasm. It is a bit pricey, but it lasts and is just gorgeous. I've had my current pan for probably 3 years or more. Its fab.



This is my current mascara, along with Maybelline Full N Soft. It does just as good a job, if not better, than the expensive brands I have used. I would like to try some other fancier mascaras, but for something you are supposed to throw away every 3 months, I like paying $5 or less (and there are always coupons).



For a great neutral pinky color, I reach for BE Buxom in Dolly. Its so shiny and fun and it pays a bit of homage to someone I adore, Dolly Parton! Between this and MAC Viva Glam V lipglass, my neutral lipgloss bases are covered.




I'm not very good with eyeliner, but this kind by MAC is awesome and so easy. It helps that the brush is a foam tip, as opposed to a real brush. Sadly, MAC doesn't make this anymore, but Sephora makes one with a similar tip in their own line. I like it just as well as the MAC.


So that's that. As with nail polish, there is so much out there to experiment and play with. Have fun and don't think that just because you've used X, Y, or Z for years means you can't try something new!









No comments: